A little back story here, I’ve always loved Pineapple Upside Down Cake, but have never once made it. In fact, my family has never made it. EVER. Yesterday, everything happened to line up. We happened to have all the ingredients, and I made Pineapple Upside Down Cake for the first time in my LIFE. It was delicious, so I figured I’d share the recipe with y’all! : D So, here we go!!
- 1/4 Cup of butter
- 1 Cup PACKED brown sugar
- 1 Can of sliced pineapple in 100% Juice. Separate the fruit from the juice, and set the juice aside.
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 Jar of Maraschino Cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box of Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix (I used Aldi LiveGfree)
- Eggs and vegetable oil based upon the instructions for your cake mix.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt your butter in the oven in a 13″x 9″ pan.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in the pan, resulting in something similar to this:
5. Place the pineapple and cherries into your butter and sugar mixture. It will look like this:
7. Pour cake mix over the pineapples and cherries, it will look somewhat like this:
8. Put your cake in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Make sure that it’s done clear through, and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Once it’s out of the oven, it’ll look like this:
10. Cut into pieces and serve!