Okie dokie y’all . . . I made Gluten Free, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies with the Enjoy Life Gluten Free, Dairy Free Chocolate Chips I received to sample at the GFAF Expo. The chocolate chips are delicious, they have an awesome flavor with no weird aftertaste! They have awesome chocolate flavor, but not in an overpowering way.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup white rice flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 Tablespoons tapioca starch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Mix sugars and oil in a bowl
- Add milk and vanilla, mix until combined
- Mix dry ingredients, then combine with the wet ingredients
- Fold in the chips, then allow the dough to rest for 20 minutes
- Bake at 350 for around 10 minutes, or until edges are cooked and the top is slightly golden brown
Now, the dough ends up a bit oily, and spread out quite quickly when I baked it, so I added another 1/8 cup of coconut flour. You can see the difference between the two batches below. The left side is the batch with extra coconut flour.
Overall, the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips were delicious, and had fantastic flavor. I would totally recommend them to y’all, and will definitely use them in the future for Gluten Free/ Dairy Free baking.
Have an awesome day y’all!
I’ll see you back here tomorrow for more talk on the GFAF Expo!