Remember how I said I had too many jalapeños for the Copycat Chuy’s Jalapeño dip? Well . . . I decided to take a couple of those extra peppers, and make Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread!
Would y’all like to make some too? Here’s what ya do:
- Dice up one jalapeño pepper.
- Take the other, and cut it in half. Dice the end half, and cut the other half into rings. (Like the picture above.)
- Mix the peppers into one box of Aldi’s LiveGfree Gluten Free Cornbread Mix.
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour the whole mix into a pan or iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the top with a 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place the jalapeño rings around the top. It’ll look like this:
- Bake according to the directions for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Then . . . it should look like this:
After it cools for five minutes, slice into squares and serve!
We paired ours with chili. See:
I hope y’all enjoyed this post. If you end up making this, let me know in the comments!
Have an awesome day!!